With the v5.1 release which is live in the Freedom Tier environment, we have re-introduced our App Catalog functionality.
You can add application repositories to your clusters and launch apps with minimal steps.
- A running cluster in the Platform9 Managed Kubernetes Environment.
- An Public repository with a collection of Helm Charts
- Login to your Platform9 environment.
- Select Apps in the selection menu
- Select Repositories and click on +Add New Repository
- Add the name you prefer in Repository Name and add the repository of your choice into the Repository URL. In this example we are using the Public Bitnami repository as an example.
Note: Please do not use a name with a space in it, the repo will not be able to fetch the charts. An internal bug is filed for this and will be fixed in one of the coming releases.
- You can also add a private repository with your custom helm charts by adding a USERNAME and PASSWORD.
- Click on Save once you are done.
- If all the details are correct your repository will show up in the Repositories section and you will see all the Available Applications in the repository in the App Catalog section.
- Let’s go ahead and create a simple Nginx deployment to see how the workflow is.
- Search for Nginx in the App Catalog and Click on deploy on the simple Nginx App (not the ingress one)
- Enter the details such the cluster and the namespace in which you want to deploy the app, the version of the app that you want to deploy. You can make any modifications in the values yaml file such as adding labels, selectors, replicas, etc or add your own custom yaml file.
- Click on Deploy. If there are no errors your App will now show in the Deployed Apps section. (Be sure to select the correct Cluster and Namespace next to the search bar)
- Check if the application is running using kubectl
$ kubectl get deployments NAME READY UP-TO-DATE AVAILABLE AGE nginxserver 1/1 1 1 2m2s