- Instances(s) fail to delete.
- The hypervisor associated with the affected instance(s) is offline.
- “Unexpected API Error” message appears when attempting to delete the instance.
- Platform9 Managed OpenStack - v3.6.0 and Higher
- Either the hypervisor is down or removed.
- The nova-compute service on the host is stopped.
- Connectivity issues are present between the hypervisor and the Management Plane.
Identify the UUID of the host on which each instance resides.
# openstack server show -c OS-EXT-SRV-ATTR:host **<INSTANCE_UUID>**
Force the compute service for the host to report as down.
# nova service-force-down **<HOST_UUID>** nova-compute
Delete the instance.
# openstack server delete **<INSTANCE_UUID>**