Pf9ctl prep-node throwing exception

Hi,

While running command pf9ctl prep-node, its throwing error. please refer below log.

{“level”:“debug”,“ts”:“2022-01-12T13:15:46.0979Z”,“caller”:“cmd/prepNode.go:169”,“msg”:“Unable to send Segment event for supportBundle. Error: the client was already closed”}
{“level”:“debug”,“ts”:“2022-01-12T13:15:46.1071Z”,“caller”:“cobra@v1.0.0/command.go:846”,“msg”:“Unable to prep node: Error: Unable to install hostagent. Unable to run installer script\n”}
{“level”:“fatal”,“ts”:“2022-01-12T13:15:46.1072Z”,“caller”:“cobra@v1.0.0/command.go:846”,“msg”:"\nFailed to prepare node. See /root/pf9/log/pf9ctl-20220112.log or use --verbose for logs\n"}

Hi @Deepak , we are taking a look at this and will provide an update shortly

Hey @Deepak,

We have a bug filed for this behavior and it will be fixed in the next version of pf9ctl. For now, can you set this environment variable on the command line before running the installer and let me know if that works?

export PF9CTL_SEGMENT_EVENTS_DISABLE=true

Hi @chaitanya,

I had the same error, I made the export but it didn’t solve it.

In the log file it seems that there is an error regarding the certificates:

Traceback (most recent call last):\n File “/opt/pf9/hostagent/bin/host-certs.py”, line 98, in \n sys.exit(main())\n File “/opt/pf9/hostagent/bin/host-certs.py”, line 95, in main\n return args.func(args)\n File “/opt/pf9/hostagent/bin/host-certs.py”, line 30, in _refresh\n cert, ca = vouch.sign_csr(csr, args.common_name)\n File “/opt/pf9/hostagent/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bbslave/certs.py”, line 64, in sign_csr\n resp.raise_for_status()\n File “/opt/pf9/hostagent/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 953, in raise_for_status\n raise HTTPError(http_error_msg, response=self)\nrequests.exceptions.HTTPError: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url: https://pmkft-1639327842-16356.platform9.io/vouch/v1/sign/cert\n"}

Could you please confirm whether that’s related to the same issue?

Hi @Mostafa ,

Thank you for trying it out.

I am familiar with the current issue you are hitting. It’s different from the one Deepak encountered.

It will require a small change on the backend. Will let you know when it’s done.

Hello @Mostafa ,

The issue should be fixed now. Please let us know if that is not the case.

Thanks a lot @chaitanya