Last week we release Platform9 4.5 to our Freedom, Growth and Enterprise users. Freedom and Growth users will automatically be upgraded, if you’re one of our Enterprise users please work with our support team to schedule in a time.
We have been investing significant time in our backend architecture, this work is ongoing and will debut in our next release so stay tuned. Whilst this work is ongoing we have added new capabilities to the Monitoring dashboards including:
- Alarm Details Popup
- Rules Dashboard to view default rules
- Rules Details Popup to review rule configuration
Full details on the new release can be found on our documentation site below.
Below is a short list of bigs resolved in the 4.5 release.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Resolved CVE-2020-8558: Kubernetes: Node setting allows for neighboring hosts to bypass localhost.
- etcd has been upgraded to version 3.3.22.
- Added a link to Platform9 documentation for attaching BareOS nodes on the Attach a Node dashboard.
- Fixed a bug impacting pf9ctl version command.
- Fixed a bug that prevented etcd backup intervals from updating correctly.
- Fixed a bug that would inadvertently cause clusters to restart.
- Fixed an issue causing Kubelet connections to fail which resulted in nodes entering NotReady status.
- Fixed an issue impacting storage volumes for clusters running Ubuntu 18.04 on AWS.
- Fixed an issue impacting the cluster status changes during cluster creation.
- Fixed an issue that was causing incorrect Kubelet log rotation.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing AWS nodes from being removed form Platform9 on node termination in AWS.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Kubelet from recreating the Hyperkube container after the pod was OOM-Killed.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to delete the Service tenant.
- Fixed a bug that would allow incorrectly formatted SSH Keys to be used when creating a cluster on Azure.
- Fixed a bug that would allow Multi-Master Clusters without a Virtual IP.
- Fixed an issue impacting the deployment of the example Pod from the Platform9 SaaS Management Plane